WHY WE RUN IN THE DARK
As darkness sweeps around the globe in mid-November, 25,000 people worldwide will get up from their armchairs, slip on their red flashing armbands and pull on their running shoes to complete a 5k or 10k.
Running separately while connecting socially across 7 continents, this global movement will light up the night as people hit the road to Run in the Dark for the Mark Pollock Trust and donate or fundraise for our charity partner (to be announced in September) to help cure paralysis in our lifetime.
RUN IN THE DARK VIRTUAL
Run in the Dark is back with a virtual facelift! With the impact of COVID 19, we can’t run side by side at mass participation events this year, so we’ve built something different for our Run in the Dark community so we can still light up the night together on Wednesday 11 November.
You’ll track your Run in the Dark on the night through our app and join the global leaderboard on 11 November, along with 25,000 runners around the world.
Sign up by 31 August to receive your free tech top, medal and also a phone holder with flashing lights – perfect for carrying your phone, or car/house key with you when you train.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
You can be part of Run in the Dark wherever you are in the world, from Sydney to San Francisco. Enter now, download our health and fitness app from September and join thousands of others walking or running 5k or 10k on Wednesday 11 November at 8 pm local time.
- Every participant receives a phone holder with flashing lights and medal.
- Receive a limited edition Run in the Dark long-sleeved tech top if you sign up by 31 August.
- Complete a 5k or 10 k individually or in small groups – subject to Government restrictions.
- Track your time and distance using our app to join the leaderboard on Run in the Dark.
- Receive your digital certificate to mark your achievement!