Sweet potatoes are a good source of vitamin C, potassium, iron, and the two trace minerals manganese and copper. Many runners fail to meet their manganese and copper needs, which can have an impact on performance since these minerals are crucial for healthy muscle function.
- 1 cup Sweet potato ( cooked and mashed)
- 2tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 1 egg
- Half cup linseed/nuts/flax
- Vanilla essence tsp
- Tahini paste 1/2 cup
- Cook and mash sweet potato
- Pre-heat oven to 200'
- Add all other ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly
- Add in cooked potato and mix well.
- Line 9 inch baking tray with greaseproof paper and pour mixture into tray.
- Bake for 45 mins or until mixture sets
- Let cool on wire tray and then enjoy!!