Busy Halloween weekend? Tina our Run In The Dark Nutrition expert recommends you make the best use of all those reduced price pumpkins in the shop to boost those energy levels again!
"Pumpkins are another way to load up on electrolytes without a lot of added calories or carbs. It is a source of potassium and besides regulating blood pressure and muscle function, potassium plays a very important role in nerve firing and functionality. Potassium is especially important for trained individuals and recreational athletes, due to the fact that the mineral is involved in regulating water balance and muscular contractions." Tina
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2tsps cinnamon
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 1egg 3tbsps honey
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1cup walnuts
- 3tbsps coconut oil
- 1.5 cups pumpkin purée
- Put all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Add in the honey and pumpkin purée and mix well.
- Add in the egg and oil and stir thoroughly Line bread loaf tin with some oil to prevent bread from sticking when cooked.
- You can add some walnuts on top for decoration
- Place in oven at 200c for half hour or until golden brown